Thursday, October 3, 2013

Formulating My Research Question

This week for my analysis I decided to look at six more tweets from this past week from my three selected Christian Twitter accounts. First I am going to compare and contrast the messages represented in the three different accounts from these six examples. 







 The content of the three account's tweets have remained pretty consistent throughout my study thus far. Reverend Run continues to have uplifting tweets that are not always directly linked to Christianity or the Bible. Max Lucado remains inspirational through placing value the belief of Christ's ability for ultimately overcome your current struggle to meet your needs. Lastly, Hood Jesus continued to play on popular culture and current event references to tie in Christianity in their tweets. 

Common themes found throughout all three of the account's tweets is the idea of overall hope through Christ. All three accounts seem to portray Christ as all-knowing and the answer to any heartache one might be feeling. They all seem to be on the same page regarding Christianity and do not have any competing ideas. 

Religion through these three Twitter accounts is framed as a means to remain happy and in good spirits despite troubles in one's life. Faith in the general belief that Christ will prevail regardless of the struggles on the Earth is the theme of hope each of these Twitter users seem to be inspiring. 

After considering the data I have gathered thus far in my research I have been able to form (what I think will) be my research question for my case study.

Are the vital ideals of Christianity being diminished (regarded as less sacred) or strengthened (becoming pervasive throughout more of society) because of the tweets from evangelical leaders alongside parody accounts of deities through the popular social media website, Twitter?  

The key traits of lived religion lived out on Twitter through these few users is that all of their tweets are consistent thus far and have yet to promote contradictory messages. This will help me with my research in the future because it will help me predict future tweet trends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment